The mission of the Community Engineer II (CE) is to partner with the Community Lead with the goal of build, grow and maintain a Community for Developers interested in Auth0 products. The role of the CE as part of that mission is to provide a great experience to developers participating in the Forum/Community by means of excellent and quick technical support and follow-up. Also to interact, oversee and motivate forum participants from a technical perspective.
As a CE, not only will you help developers integrate Auth0 into their solutions, but you will also be shaping how Auth0 is perceived by the developer community.
- Interact with developers around the world to help them integrate Auth0 into their products and solve technical issues they run into, mainly through the forum by answering questions not covered by the community directly.
- Help community members enriching the quality of the discussions (both questions and answers). Participate directly in the forum, getting insights, discussing with developers, etc.
- Detect valuable patterns for the rest of the company from the Forum questions (i.e. valuable docs to produce, etc.).
- Partner closely with others in the Community team to provide technical advisory to the initiatives around the community.
- Collaborate with other departments in the company to resolve customer facing challenges, relay product/documentation feedback, and positively effect shared initiatives.
- Track, triage and follow up on community questions throughout their life-cycle.
- Build proof of concept and sample applications.
- Bring innovative, state-of-the-art ideas to optimize our support, processes, tools, etc. and ultimately, our users’ experience.
- Collaborate with Social Media team on responding to customers in Twitter, Stack Overflow, and Wordpress.org
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter — able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance
- Ability to quickly context-switch between multiple complex work streams
- Love to code and solve technical issues varying in complexity and technology.
- Good at empathizing with developers and have experience with troubleshooting environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and passionate about talking to customers.
- Enjoy writing and teaching, capable of explaining complex concepts in easy-to-understand language.
- Have experience with dealing with a forum and are comfortable with a remote working environment.
- Proven experience working or participating in a developer community.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting APIs.
- Attention to detail and the ability to quickly pick up and audit programming languages.