Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
The mission of the Community Engineer (CE) is to partner with the Community Lead with the goal of build, grow and maintain a Community for Developers interested in Auth0 products. The role of the CE as part of that mission is to provide a great experience to developers participating in the Forum/Community by means of excellent and quick technical support and follow-up. Also to interact, oversee and motivate forum participants from a technical perspective.
As a CE, not only will you help developers integrate Auth0 into their solutions, but you will also be shaping how Auth0 is perceived by the developer community.
- Interact with developers around the world to help them integrate Auth0 into their products and solve technical issues they run into, mainly through the forum by answering questions not covered by the community directly.
- Help community members enriching the quality of the discussions (both questions and answers). Participate directly in the forum, getting insights, discussing with developers, etc.
- Detect valuable patterns for the rest of the company from the Forum questions (i.e. valuable docs to produce, etc.).
- Partner closely with others in the Community team to provide technical advisory to the initiatives around the community.
- Collaborate with other departments in the company to resolve customer facing challenges, relay product/documentation feedback, and positively effect shared initiatives.
- Track, triage and follow up on community questions throughout their life-cycle.
- Build proof of concept and sample applications.
- Bring innovative, state-of-the-art ideas to optimize our support, processes, tools, etc. and ultimately, our users’ experience.
- Collaborate with Social Media team on responding to customers in Twitter, Stack Overflow, and Wordpress.org
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter — able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance
- Ability to quickly context-switch between multiple complex work streams
- Love to code and solve technical issues varying in complexity and technology.
- Good at empathizing with developers and have experience with troubleshooting environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and passionate about talking to customers.
- Enjoy writing and teaching, capable of explaining complex concepts in easy-to-understand language.
- Have experience with dealing with a forum and are comfortable with a remote working environment.
- Proven experience working or participating in a developer community.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting APIs.
- Attention to detail and the ability to quickly pick up and audit programming languages.
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.