The Auth0 platform secures more than 100 million logins each day for customers all around the world - and we're growing fast! The Platform team enables Auth0 engineers to move faster by giving them tools to easily deploy and manage their services on AWS and Azure. This is a role with a huge impact. You will get to work with engineers throughout the organization and what you build will be a foundational piece of the infrastructure that allows Auth0 to scale for years to come.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of software engineers who are designing, implementing and at times rethinking these critical services and tools. Because we build and support the overall Auth0 platform, the ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about infrastructure, operations, and not intimidated by cross-organization coordination and collaboration.
- Lead and grow a healthy, inclusive, collaborative team rooted in the opportunities they’re creating for customers.
- Ensure each person on the team is deepening their skills through coaching, training, and mentoring.
- Partner with a product manager to enable the team to design, operate, and scale networking at Auth0. This involves talking to engineers, other teams and customers.
- Tie every piece of work back to the mission of making the internet safer and the business value of making it easier for companies to solve Auth.
- Have the opportunity to gain a great understanding and context about how Auth0 works and learn more about security protocols and how to build reliable, highly available systems.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 7+ years of relevant engineering experience in networking, large scale distributed systems or a related field.
- Have 1+ years of engineering management experience.
- Are skilled at coaching teammates in all phases of their career.
- Have experience providing focus to teams to enable them to achieve their goals.
- Have a technical background and can help a team evaluate trade-offs during design and development.
- Enjoy working in an iterative development environment.
- Can add value to a conversation even when you are not familiar with the entire context.
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results.
- Like to lead by example.
- Are a great communicator and communication facilitator.
- Are comfortable working with a team based in different regions/times zones as well as with individuals who work at different times of day to accommodate their diverse lives.
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP fundamentals.
- Familiarity working with DNS.
- Knowledge in network security issues and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of networking and distributed systems.
- Experience in certificate management and TLS.
- Experienced evaluating and managing vendor relationships.
- Have a deep understanding of Kubernetes including ingress controllers, sidecar, overlay networks, network policies, etc.
- Passion for working on systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable and secure.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $178,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.