Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
This role is for you if you like being at the center of the action, it’s for you if you like to help people and teams to grow and if you like solving non-trivial problems.
IAM Core is the Engineering Domain that takes care of the core of the Auth0 application, the authentication pipeline, the sessions, and anomaly detection.
The Core Pipeline team is explicitly in charge of the Auth0 Authentication Pipeline; it is currently formed by some of the most experienced engineers in our company, and we are going to hire and expand it to work on some of the most exciting and challenging architectural and product challenges in the company, aimed at helping Auth0 to scale further.
If you like building and empowering autonomous, talented and resilient teams, we can’t wait to talk to you.
What will you do:
- Coach and help people on the team to grow
- Hire great coworkers to join the team
- Manage the team owning the Auth0’s Core Authentication pipeline
- Contribute to improving Auth0's product architecture patterns, security controls and best practices
- Participate in the assessment and adaptation of engineering processes and best practices
- Work closely with the team’s stakeholders to prioritize work
- Providing context so team members can perform specific tasks
- Run people management activities such as coaching, 1:1s, performance reviews
You're a good fit for this role if:
- You have 3+ years of engineering management experience.
- You have a passion for hard engineering problems
- Have experience leading a highly technical team and are good at coaching teammates in all phases of their career
- Know when to let the team figure things out on their own and also have the necessary context and skills to help them out and be hands on
- Know how to focus teams to achieve their goals
- Have a technical background and can help a team evaluate trade-offs during development
- Enjoy working in an iterative development environment
- Can add value to a conversation even when you are not familiar with the entire context
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results
- Like to lead by example
- Are a great communicator
- You are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- You have experience and passion for good engineering practices and testing.
- You excel when working autonomously, and know when to seek help from your team members.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- You have designed applications and systems that scale, are resilient to failure, and are observable.
- You have experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration, and application layers.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience building systems highly reliable, scalable systems
- Experience creating and maintaining public and secure APIs.
- Experience working on Identity and Access Management software and concepts
We do not expect you to be an expert in all of the above, only that you can learn the less familiar fast
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.