Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
As a Platform Engineer within the Marketing Engineering organization of Auth0, you will create, maintain and improve the software foundations of the whole marketing team, enabling us to efficiently test ideas, scale our delivery or provide new capabilities internally and externally.
The team is built around three themes or overarching initiatives: 1) Developer Experience, 2) Operations and 3) Observability. Developer Experience talks about the ease of use, scalability and maintainability of our systems, thus providing speed to our development process through the right tools. Operations is about the availability, fast access and the resilience of our systems. And Observability is around providing the channels and frameworks required to know the current and historical status of our systems.
This role can be based from a home office anywhere in the following locations: UK, Ireland, Spain, Poland, Belgium, Portugal, Netherlands, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Sweden, Argentina or Uruguay.
What you will do:
- Design and implement solutions to improve the current tooling and foundations of our web applications involving frontend and backend having in mind ease of use, scalability and reliability.
- Provide accurate timing estimates on work.
- Engage and actively participate into the current team processes and methodologies.
- Contribute to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification).
- Discuss technical solutions with peers and provide innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporate these in future projects, staying ahead of the market, and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
What you will bring:
- Two or more years on similar roles, contributing to codebases within a team.
- Efficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of how servers work, deployments, CI / CD (Heroku, Vercel, Linux, Github Actions, Jenkins, etc.) preferred.
- Good understanding of npm and Node.js (working with a Package.json, npm script, Locks, etc.) preferred.
- React knowledge (e.g. JSX, Binding, Classes, Methods, State, Hooks, etc.) preferred.
- Experience integrating server-side code (Node.js, Async calls, CORS, Error Handling, etc.) preferred.
- Good understanding of version control systems such as GitAdvanced modern HTML knowledge (e.g. Valid, Semantics, Properties, APIs, etc.) preferred.
- Advanced modern CSS knowledge (e.g. advanced CSS3, Flexbox, Grid, Animations, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge on modern styling solutions (Styled-JSX, Styled-Components, Emotion, etc.) preferred.
- Cross-browser and cross platform development (User Agent, Stylesheets, Detection, APIs, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with teams in a fast-moving and dynamic business environment.
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.