Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
We are looking for an experienced engineer to help us improve the developer experience for our customers. You’ll be part of the SDKs team, developing and maintaining our SDKs, samples, and Quickstart guides, while also engaging our community of developers to understand digital identity.
You will be primarily working with the following technologies: Go & Python
It would be ideal to have some exposure with the following:
- Building SDKs, Identity, Circle CI or Github Actions
- The most important qualifications for this position are software engineering expertise, empathy, self-direction and a passion for learning.
You GET developers! You know what they need, how to talk to them, how to make their lives easier, what makes them click, their dissatisfiers and their delighters. You recognize when a framework, library or product provides a great experience.
As a Developer Experience Engineer, you will use those talents to improve our entire onboarding process, from open source SDKs and how-to guides, to reference documents and application samples. You will also be interacting with a large community of application builders on our Community site and GitHub. You will be the internal and external steward of the experience for the technologies that you love working with every day.
Each Developer Experience Engineer is a caretaker for multiple platforms, both internally within Auth0, and externally in the community. You will be working in a cross-functional team alongside developer relations, onboarding, growth, dashboard, and field teams to provide the best developer experience for the technologies you own.
You will be:
- Directly shaping and developing the future of our open source SDKs.
- Writing, curating, editing developer resources: tutorials, examples, guides, and API documentation.
- Owning the code samples and implementation guidance for Auth0.
- Championing Auth0 by engaging directly with the OSS community.
- Gathering and channel user feedback within the company to improve the experience for developers on Auth0.
- The go-to-expert in the company, internally and externally, providing domain knowledge and reviews for Auth0 in these technologies.
You'd be a great fit if you had:
- A deep understanding of writing, running, maintaining, securing, and debugging applications.
- The ability to communicate effectively in person, asynchronously, and in code.
- Demonstrable experience authoring developer documentation (tutorials, blog posts, docs).
- The ability to be self-directed and be effective working independently, yet feel equally comfortable contributing in a global team environment.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working in distributed teams and work environments.
- Have created open-source material or have contributed to open-source projects.
- Have knowledge in the identity and access management space.
- Have experience with CI and/or package deployment automation.
- Are currently located in the United Kingdom, Canada, or are in EDT in the United States.
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.