Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
The Auth0 Marketing Team is looking for a Public Relations Manager in Japan to support the Global Communications team and continue to drive awareness of Auth0 specifically in Japan. The right candidate will be a bilingual-speaking self-starter who will drive media and analyst relations, thought leadership initiatives, speaking/awards opportunities, customer advocacy, and manage our external agency relationship.
What you will do:
- Support overall Auth0 communications strategy in Japan and serve as key player on team to execute plan
- Report to our PR Manager, APAC and assist other Asia-Pacific markets where necessary
- Develop a strategic vision and story angles to drive results in Japan with a focus on raising the business profile of Auth0 in new and emerging markets
- Liaise with the PR agency and internally manage requests for editorial, speaking, and content opportunities
- Support agency’s pitching efforts to secure coverage across all forms of earned media including broadcast, print, and online, in national and local media outlets
- Act as a customer advocate in Japan, working with our local customers to develop case studies, press releases, and commentary that can be used for media and marketing activity
- Work closely with other teams in marketing (demand generation, events, ABM, content, product marketing) to align strategies for greater impact
- Work closely with regional spokespeople to raise their visibility as arbiters of Auth0’s messages
- Write press releases, bylined articles, speaking abstracts, customer case studies, and product/trend pitches; and serve as editor for all content coming through PR agency
- Provide support with customer correspondence for press releases and case studies
- Research and submit relevant CFPs to promote thought leadership of our executive teamAssist with event coordination and planning; attend industry events and interface with key media/analysts/influencers
Is this role for you?
- 5+ years of PR/corporate communications experience, either in-house or in an agency setting
- Experience working in B2B technologyFluency in both English and Japan language skills required
- An agile team player with ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where direction and goals can evolve quickly to meet goals
- Fast-learner who is eager to learn and has a discerning eye for detail
- Strategic thinking, as well as strong execution skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and stay highly organized
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with many internal/external groupsLocation is anywhere in Japan, remote position
- Native Japanese speaking and ability to speak English is a must
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.