In this role you will help shape the training program for our customers and partners on how best to use Auth0 and integrate it with their own infrastructure. If you grok new tech stacks quickly, see your customers or colleagues struggle to understand, and get a kick out of helping them learn the benefits and cool features, then we want to talk to you .
Working closely with our Instructional Designers, SDKs teams, System Engineers, System Architects, you’ll bring real-world Auth0 product and deployment best practices experience into our innovative hands-on training program. If you’re not an expert on Identity & Access Management already you’ll want to be one; fast. And you’ll need to become fluent across all the tech stacks and infrastructure popular with our enterprise customers: NodeJS, Java, C#. OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML. AWS, directories, databases.
You’ll contribute your expertise to on-going curriculum development. Naturally, you’re a great communicator. You’ll help us design coding and infrastructure lab scenarios, write and test lab instructions, and draft voice-over scripts for instructional videos. A successful candidate in this role should have a background in full-stack software development and SDLC.
Some things you'll get to do in this role:
- Write interactive product presentations, video scripts, and exercises in conjunction with our Instructional Designers.
- Plan education sessions for partners and customers in order to facilitate their understanding of the Auth0 product.
- Engage with multiple business units including software engineering, operations, product management, professional services, and business stakeholders to stay up to date on the product and best practices.
- Become intimately familiar with the role of Auth0 Solution Engineers and Solution Architects to help formulate knowledge transfer activities based on their best practices.
- Maintain a broad and deep technical understanding of the Auth0 product line and the underlying technologies and protocols.
- Stay up to date on industry trends through self-study, research, online courses.
Knowledge & Skills which will help you to be successful in this role:
- Committed to our primary customer profile: the software developer and architect
- Passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing roles like consulting, support, or education.
- Ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic.
- Strong customer presentation skills.
- Strength in building relationships, listening and managing time.
- Previous experience in Identity & Access Management is strongly preferred.
- Exposure to content creation, voice over script writing, and documentation will be a huge plus.