Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
Sr. Legal Counsel, Commercial Sales
Enterprise Cloud, SaaS
Auth0’s new Senior Commercial Legal Counsel will be an integral member of a high-performing and growing legal team as Auth0 experiences rapid expansion. We are looking for a hardworking and highly collaborative attorney with a passion for technology to support Auth0’s fast-paced sales organization. The primary responsibility of the role is to review, advise and negotiate issues involving complex customer cloud-based software contracts for US and Canada. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and problem-solving skills as they will be interfacing with cross-functional teams and external customers.
Location: US Remote
- The primary focus of this role is provide legal counsel to Auth0's enterprise sales team in negotiating complex strategic enterprise SaaS / Cloud contracts
- On a daily basis you will partner our Sales team and customers from start to finish to help close deals quickly and efficiently
- You will review, draft and negotiate complex commercial contracts or other legal documents with suppliers, partners and others who wish to do business with Auth0
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes
- Assist in reviewing and revising contract templates, and rolling out contract updates to customers as necessary and appropriate, based on changes in the organization, the industry and/or applicable law
- Transaction support for other departments as required
- Trusted advisor and business partner across the company by providing counsel and guidance in accomplishing Auth0's overall business objectives
- Provide continuous improvement recommendations to improve the sales and legal process to support significant growth and scale
What you will have:
- 8+ years experience as a Legal Commercial / Transactions Counsel in a fast moving complex software industry
- At least 5 years of complex enterprise sales concentrated in the area of Software as a Service (SaaS)and Cloud-based software offerings is required
- 2-5 years’ experience in an AmLaw 200 level law firm
- Able to show a history supporting enterprise sales professionals and cloud-based software offerings both in- house and Law firm environments is highly preferred
- Expertise in negotiating MSA's, NDA's, SLA's, SOW's or similar technology contracts with large enterprise customers
- Previous partnerships, reseller agreements, complicated technology transactions and negotiations with companies in highly regulated industries is preferred
- A candidate who is prepared to drive a significant volume of sales/revenue agreements and be able to take a deal from inception to close with quick turnarounds to the Auth0 Sales team
- Ability to counsel Sales, Partnership, Product and Finance Business Units on a variety of topics, including Contracts, Intellectual Property, Information Security and Data Privacy matters
- A candidate who has an affinity for paying close attention to details, is a great communicator, and is highly organized
- A candidate who is proactive in identifying areas for process improvements, especially to the sales and legal negotiation cycle, and has a passion for improving and building processes to support growth and scale
- Excellent drafting skills
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.