England Remote; Ireland Remote; France Remote; Netherlands Remote; Spain Remote; Germany Remote; Portugal Remote; Belgium Remote; Sweden Remote; US Remote East Coast; Canada Remote East Coast; UK remote
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
The mission of the Customer Development Tools team is to make our customers' lives better. Developers all over the world integrate Auth0 into their apps and services thousands of times daily. We want to make that faster, easier, and better by creating tools that make this part of the development lifecycle a frictionless experience. Imagine a world where authentication is added to your app with one command and where the authentication resources are now instantly available in your IDE of choice. That’s what we’re doing, we “Go where the developers go”.
We’re looking for a senior software engineer, a maker and creator, to help us achieve this vision to make our customers’ day to day work easier and enjoyable.
This is an exciting opportunity to be instrumental as a founding member of a new team at Auth0. A high impact team and role where you’ll be at the beating heart of developer experience, collaborating with other Auziros to help shape the future of this team, and evolving our product strategy and offerings.
You will be doing:
- Design, build and and iterate on developer tools and documentation used by millions of developers all over the world
- Create and iterate engaging and intuitive CLI developer experiences
- Research and spike prototypes using new and modern technologies
- Investigate, advocate, and propose new engineering integration practices and tools
- Collaborate with fellow team members on priorities and specifications while being transparent on plans and progress.
- Work closely with different teams to ensure correct implementation of the tooling
- Engage with developers in the open-source community, leading some of Auth0’s open-source efforts
You are a good fit if you:
- You have 4+ years of software development experience
- Are passionate about the development lifecycle of other engineers
- Aspire to creatively solve developer experience pain points
- Desire to remove repetitive chores through automation
- Enjoy configuration as code and infrastructure as code
- Have experience with Node.js, Typescript & Go
- Worked with with CI/CD platforms such as Circle CI, GitHub Actions, GitLab Pipelines
- Already have experience with developer CLI tooling
- Are autonomous and have a continuous improvement mindset
- Pay attention to the details and keep great user experience a top priority
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-first environment
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Bonus if you’ve worked on some open-source projects already
You might work on:
- Open-source tools, CI/CD integrations, CLIs, and frameworks
- Design and implementation of interfaces to automate common tasks
- IDE integrations and browser extensions
- Auth0 Deploy CLI Tool, Auth0 CLI, and more
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Share this position