Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Protocols team! This team is responsible for building out the core features of our authorization server with a focus on OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0. All of the authentication and authorization transactions running through Auth0 will depend on your code, giving you the opportunity to work as part of a core product team.
You will often work with other teams both within the Engineering organization and outside of it, in order to get a better understanding of customer needs and the impact of changes you perform.
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams to implement new features, improvements and fixes that need to handle our current and future scale.
- Instrument, monitor and operate the code you write and services you build. This includes on-call rotations.
- Help with design and code reviews. Ensure good engineering practices are being applied.
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have a deep knowledge of the OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML and other specifications. You have experience implementing those for mission-critical systems.
- Take an iterative approach to development, dividing long-term goals into incremental milestones.
- Have experience working in a global remote-first organization.
- Are a good communicator and enjoy interacting with people.
- Place a high value on security.
- Bring the right attitude to the team: ownership, accountability, attention to detail ...
- Have familiarity with the tools we currently use, such as Node.js, TypeScript, MongoDB.
- Are currently located in the United States.
It’s not expected that a single candidate has expertise in all these areas. We’re looking for professional engineers, who can quickly learn and adapt as our systems and situation changes, rather than candidates with a rigid skill set.
You can learn more about our hiring processhere