Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
Auth0 is seeking a Senior Technical Writer to join our Documentation team. At Auth0, our product documentation is a competitive differentiator, and great docs are key to our success. Our team is focused on creating public-facing docs for Auth0's customers at https://auth0.com/docs
. Our primary audiences include software developers of all levels of experience with Identity concepts, and Security Professionals. As a senior technical writer, you’ll not only be responsible for writing great documentation and editing work others have written, you’ll also be responsible for building a strong culture of documentation at Auth0, encouraging more writing contributions from outside of the Documentation team.
If you're the right candidate, you'll have a strong technical writing background as well as experience with agile, full-stack software development. Whether you’ve written developer-focused software documentation previously in your career, you’re an experienced writer self-taught in software development, or you’re a full-time software developer with a passion for great documentation looking to make a career change, you’ll be a strong candidate for this role. We're also looking for an established track record of building programs with leadership to incentivize participation in writing documentation across all roles and organizations within a company.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Software Engineers, Developer Support Engineers and more to scope and define documentation projects
- Mentor peers within the Documentation team on documentation best practices
- Build company-wide participation in the creation of amazing documentation through training programs, outreach, etc
- Write concise, easy-to-understand documentation that simplifies complex technical concepts into content consumable by all skill levels and roles
- Review and edit documentation drafts contributed by peers or others outside the Documentation team
- Contribute to or lead strategic quarterly documentation initiatives to enhance our process, our website, and our content
Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years technical writing experience
- Proven ability to build a culture of documentation within a company
- Proven understanding of modern software development concepts; the closer your experience level is to being a software developer, the better
- Ability to organize information into an easy-to-understand hierarchy
- Self-driven, with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, as well as understand why they’re important to our users
- Can collaborate cross-functionally with people in all ranks, teams, and disciplines across the company
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.