Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
The Auth0 platform secures more than 100 million logins each day for customers all around the world - and we're growing fast! The Platform team enables Auth0 engineers to move faster by giving them tools to easily deploy and manage their services on AWS and Azure. This is a role with a huge impact. You will get to work with engineers throughout the organization and what you build will be a foundational piece of the infrastructure that allows Auth0 to scale for years to come.
We are looking for Platform Staff Engineers who are passionate about distributed systems, availability, and delivering customer value. Because we build and support the overall Auth0 platform, the ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about infrastructure, operations, and not intimidated by cross-organization coordination and collaboration.
- Implement a platform runtime that allows development teams to deploy and manage their services on Kubernetes and AWS or Azure.
- Research and implement solutions that address cross cutting concerns such as service discovery, configuration, routing and scaling.
- Design and develop new services, tools and automation to expose environment functionality to other Auth0 engineering teams.
- Coach and mentor engineers at all levels up to their peer level.
- Discover and advocate for new technologies to accelerate new environment creation.
- Carry cross team initiatives from end to end: code reviews, design reviews, operational robustness, security hygiene, etc.
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 10+ years of software development experience.
- Are proficient in Golang.
- Have a deep understanding of Kubernetes and containerization.
- Have DevOps experience using cloud agnostic cloud native technologies.
- Have demonstrable expertise working with Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services.
- Have experience managing infrastructure with Terraform.
- Tend to deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
- Have a passion for working on systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable and secure.
- Bring the right attitude to the team: ownership, accountability, and attention to detail.
- Are comfortable working on a fully-distributed team.
- Are currently located in the United States, Canada, Argentina, France, Poland, Spain, Germany or the United Kingdom.
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Salt).
- Experience with GitOps.
- Familiarity with gRPC.
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP fundamentals.
- Aware of the best practices when creating Docker images.