Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
Vice President of Developer Marketing
Are you looking for the chance to lead and expand a talented, creative developer marketing team? Auth0 is seeking a Vice-President to lead our Developer Marketing team, which includes Developer Relations, Developer Content, Developer Media and Marketing Engineering. The Auth0 Developer Marketing team is a strong organization with a foundation of successful programs, communities and content. We are looking for a leader that is excited to collaborate with our team and take our programs to the next level. You'll report directly to the SVP of Marketing, and you'll work closely with our key leaders in Marketing, Engineering, Product Management, Sales, and Customer Success.
The Role and the Team
In this role, you'll use your skills and experience to guide your leadership team, inspire your org, and make a lasting impact at Auth0 and in the wider developer community. You'll lead and grow a diverse and globally distributed organization focusing on the experience of developers using our products to solve problems, gain knowledge, and build amazing applications.
You're a great fit for this role if you...
- Are a storyteller that uses data to enhance the narrative and build consensus.
- Are passionate about attracting, educating, and delighting developers across the globe
- Are excited to serve developer communities with authenticity and technical credibility
- Can work strategically, with long-term vision, while collaboratively building and executing near term plans
- Have a data-oriented approach to leadership focused on hitting goals and fostering continual improvement
- Have an eye for organizational improvements and ability to identify new areas of investment for the company
- Have the ability to influence key stakeholders across the company and advocate for your team
- Have excellent communication skills (bonus if you have experience with analysts and the media)
- Have a knack for keeping your ear to the ground and identifying emerging technology and developer trends
- Thrive in coaching and growing team members to their full potential
- Believe in being a stellar colleague and will provide support and feedback to your team and peers
- Care deeply about developers and supporting developer communities
- 8+ years in developer marketing, developer relations and/or technical content (or equivalent)
- 6+ years in leading a developer marketing/ relations organization (or equivalent)
- Experience in leading a diverse, globally distributed team
- Expertise in building and cultivating a global developer brand with strong community sentiment
- Experience leading an engineering team focused on web innovations for websites and digital tool creation
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.