PSaaS Appliance Infrastructure Overview
Project Coordination and Execution
Auth0 provides a project plan methodology to help customers get up and running with the PSaaS Appliance as efficiently as possible. This requires significant cooperation and coordination across a number of your internal teams. Below is a list of teams commonly required to be involved in the PSaaS Appliance project and tasks they may be required to complete. In our experience, early exposure of the teams to the project and the tasks they'll have results in a more effective execution of the project plan.
|IT Infrastructure||Provision Virtual Machines|
|IT Security||Generate SSL certificates; approve Internet access/ports|
|IT Networking||Configure firewall; deploy/configure load balancer|
|IT Operations||Backup and monitor PSaaS Appliance infrastructure|
Overview of Required Steps
The following basic steps are required to get the infrastructure up and running and the PSaaS Appliance deployed:
- Understand the PSaaS Appliance infrastructure requirements as detailed in this document;
- Complete and submit the Pre-PSaaS Appliance Installation Checklist to ensure that you have everything you need ready and on hand for the PSaaS Appliance deployment;
- Access and install the PSaaS Appliance;
- Complete and submit the Post-PSaaS Appliance Install Checklist to notify Auth0 that you have everything in place and that Auth0 can commence configuring the PSaaS Appliance;
- Complete the steps detailed in the PSaaS Appliance Setup Guide.
All PSaaS Appliance multi-node cluster subscription agreements require the deployment of a single-node Development/Test (non-Production) instance. This node is used to verify that the PSaaS Appliance is working as expected with your applications prior to deployment to Production. It also allows for a thorough PSaaS Appliance update and testing cadence. Lastly, this improves any possible support experiences, since Auth0 engineers prefer testing or reviewing planned changes/fixes to your implementation in a non-Production environment.