Register Apps in the Apple Developer Portal
Before you configure an Apple social connection in the Auth0 Dashboard, you need to set up your application on your Apple Developer account in the Apple Developer Portal. Once that is complete, you can use the assigned credentials you receive from Apple to set up your Apple connection in the Auth0 Dashboard.
After you register your application, you will be given the following IDs and keys to use in the application connection settings in the Dashboard:
- Services ID (Client ID)
- Apple Team ID
- Client Secret Signing Key
- Key ID
Before you can register your app in the Apple Developer Portal, you must have an Apple Developer account, which is a paid account with Apple. (There is no free trial available unless you are part of their iOS Developer University Program.)
Obtain Team ID
Create App ID
- On the Apple Developer Portal, go to Certificates, IDs, & Profiles > Identifiers and click the blue plus icon next to Identifiers to create a new App ID.
- Choose App IDs as the identifier type and click Continue.
- Provide a description and a Bundle ID (reverse-domain name style, e.g.,
- Scroll down and check Sign In with Apple.
- Click Continue, and then click Register.
Create Services ID
- Return to the Certificates, IDs, & Profiles section, and select the blue plus icon next to Identifiers.
- Choose Services IDs, and select Continue. Fill in the description and identifier (
- After checking Sign In with Apple, select Configure, and define your Web Domain (
example.com) and your Return URL. Make sure that your Return URL is your Auth0 domain, such as
foo.auth0.com(or your Auth0 custom domain if you have one) and follows this format:
- Click Save, Continue, and then click Register.
Set up your Client Secret Signing Key
- Go to Keys under the Certificates, Identifiers, & Profiles section of your Apple developer dashboard.
- Select the blue plus icon to add a new key.
- Enter a Key Name and check the Sign In with Apple option.
- Select Configure to make sure the Choose a Primary App ID field is filled with the correct App ID.
- Select Save, Continue, and then Register.
- On the page to which you're redirected after registering, make note of the Key ID. Then download the key.
Next, you will use these credentials on the Auth0 Dashboard > Authentication > Social page to continue to configure your application. Depending on which type of application you want to configure, choose one of the following methods: