Obtain a Client ID and Client Secret for Fitbit
Fitbit has ended support for OAuth 1.0
New connections with Fitbit will use OAuth 2.0. Please see the following documentation on Using OAuth 2.0 with Fitbit.
To configure a Fitbit OAuth 2.0 connection, you will need to register a new application in Fitbit.
1. Register a New Fitbit App
Log into the Fitbit's Developer site and select REGISTER AN APP:
2. Enter Your Callback URL
Complete the registration form with information about your new app. In the Callback URL field, enter:
and click Register.
3. Copy Your New App's Client ID and Client Secret
From the Edit Application page, copy the
Client ID and
4. Enter Your Client ID and Client Secret
Go to your Auth0 Dashboard and select Connections > Social, then choose Fitbit. Copy the
Client ID and
Client Secret from the Manage My Apps page of your app on Fitbit into the fields on this page on Auth0:
5. Enable the Connection
Go to the Apps tab of the Fitbit connection on your Auth0 Dashboard and select each of your existing Auth0 clients for which you want to enable this connection:
6. Test the Connection
- Close the Settings window to return to the Connections > Social section of your Auth0 dashboard.
- A TRY icon will now be displayed next to the Fitbit logo; click "TRY".
- Finally, click "Grant access" to allow access.
If you have configured everything correctly, you will see the "It works" page!
NOTE: Fitbit is a registered trademark and service mark of Fitbit, Inc. Auth0 is designed for use with the Fitbit platform. This product is not part of Fitbit, and Fitbit does not service or warrant the functionality of this product.