Create and Configure the Deploy CLI Application Manually
To use the Deploy CLI tool, your tenant must be configured appropriately.
Sometimes, you may wish to create and configure this application manually. At a later time, you may also want to modify scopes for an application that has been created previously.
Create the Initial Deploy CLI Application
To create and configure the initial Deploy CLI Application:
auth0-deploy-cli-extensionas the name for your Application, select Machine to Machine Applications, and click Create.
- When asked which API you want to call from your application, select Auth0 Management API.
- Select the required scopes to enable them for your Application, and click Authorize. These scopes will be issued as part of your Application's Access Token.
Modify Deploy CLI Application Scopes
To modify permissions (scopes) for an application that has been created previously:
- Navigate to the Applications page in the Auth0 Dashboard, and click the
- Click the APIs tab, expand the Auth0 Management API, and enable any required scopes that appear to have been disabled.
The following scopes are required to be enabled on the
auth0-deploy-cli-extension Application to ensure it is configured for proper access to the Management API.
- read:client_grants - create:client_grants - delete:client_grants - update:client_grants - read:clients - update:clients - delete:clients - create:clients - read:client_keys - update:client_keys - delete:client_keys - create:client_keys - read:connections - update:connections - delete:connections - create:connections - read:resource_servers - update:resource_servers - delete:resource_servers - create:resource_servers - read:rules - update:rules - delete:rules - create:rules - read:hooks - create:hooks - update:hooks - delete:hooks - read:rules_configs - update:rules_configs - delete:rules_configs - read:email_provider - update:email_provider - delete:email_provider - create:email_provider - read:tenant_settings - update:tenant_settings - read:grants - delete:grants - read:guardian_factors - update:guardian_factors - read:email_templates - create:email_templates - update:email_templates - read:roles - create:roles - delete:roles - update:roles - read:prompts - update:prompts - read:branding - update:branding