Create a Tenant
Once you create your account, you will be asked to create a tenant. No tenant can access the data of another tenant, even though multiple tenants might be running on the same machine.
Tenant characteristics include:
- The tenant name has to be unique. It will be used to create your personal domain.
- The tenant name can contain only lowercase alphanumeric characters and hyphens ("-"). It cannot begin or end with a hyphen.
- The tenant name must be a minimum of 3 characters and maximum of 64 characters.
- The tenant name cannot be changed after creation.
- You can create more than one tenant; in fact you are encouraged to do so for each environment you may have, such as development, staging, or production. For details, see Set Up Multiple Environments.
When you name your tenant, that name becomes your Auth0 domain. (Or you can create a custom domain.) This domain is the base URL that you will use to access our API and the URL where your users are redirected to authenticate.
Auth0 supports three regional subdomains:
When you you are asked for the region you want to use, your choice affects which regional subdomain will be assigned to you and where your data will be hosted. If you pick US, then the name format will be
YOUR-TENANT-NAME.us.auth0.com; for Europe, it will be
YOUR-TENANT-NAME.eu.auth0.com; and so forth.
In our example, Example-Co chose the name
example-co and Americas as their region. So their domain is