Use Rules to:
- Add roles to a user based on conditions
- Deny access based on conditions
- Enable multi-factor authentication based on context (such as last login, IP address of the user, location, and so on)
- Redirect users before the authentication transaction is complete
- and more
Hooks allow you to customize the behavior of Auth0 using Node.js code that is executed against extensibility points (which are comparable to webhooks that come with a server). Hooks allow you modularity when configuring your Auth0 implementation, and extend the functionality of base Auth0 features.
Use Hooks to:
- Change the scopes and add custom claims to the tokens issued during user authentication
- Prevent user registration or add custom metadata to a new user
- Implement custom actions that execute asynchronously after a new user registers in your app
Auth0 Extensions enable you to install applications or run commands/scripts that extend the functionality of the Auth0 base product.
Use Extensions to: