Auth0 Logs to Logstash
The Auth0 Logs to Logstash is a scheduled job that takes all of your Auth0 logs and exports them to Logstash. Logstash is an open source log management tool that is most often used as part of the ELK stack along with ElasticSearch and Kibana.
Configuring the Extension
To install and configure this extension, click on the Auth0 Logs to Logstash box in the list of provided extensions on the Extensions page of the Management Portal. The Install Extension window pops open.
At this point you should set the following configuration variables:
- Schedule: The frequency with which logs should be exported. The schedule can be customized even further after creation.
- BATCH_SIZE: The ammount of logs to be read on each execution. Maximun is 100.
- LOGSTASH_URL: Your Logstash URL as defined for use with
- LOGSTASH_INDEX: Your Logstash Index to which the logs will be routed.
- LOG_LEVEL: The minimal log level of events that you would like sent to Logstash.
- LOG_TYPES: The events for which logs should be exported.
Once you have provided this information, click the Install button to finish installing the extension.
Using Your Installed Extension
To view all scheduled jobs, navigate to the Extensions page of the Management Portal, click on the Installed Extensions link, and select the Auth0 Logs to Logstash line. There you can see the job you just created, modify its state by toggling the State switch, see when the next run is due and what was the result of the last execution.
You can view more details by clicking on the job you created. In this page you can view details for each execution, reschedule, access realtime logs, and more.
That's it, you are done! Have fun analyzing and visualizing those logs!