Auth0 Logs to Mixpanel
The Auth0 Logs to Mixpanel is a scheduled job that takes all of your Auth0 logs and exports them to Mixpanel.
Configuring the Extension
To install and configure this extension, click on the Auth0 Logs to Mixpanel box in the list of provided extensions on the Extensions page of the Management Portal. The Install Extension window pops open.
At this point you should set the following configuration variables:
- Schedule: The frequency with which logs should be exported. The schedule can be customized even further after creation.
- MIXPANEL_TOKEN: The Mixpanel Token for your mixpanel project to which the Auth0 logs will be exported.
- MIXPANEL_KEY: The Mixpanel API Key for your mixpanel project to which the Auth0 logs will be exported.
- BATCH_SIZE: The ammount of logs to be read on each execution. Maximun is 100.
- LOG_LEVEL: The minimal log level of events that you would like sent to Mixpanel.
- LOG_TYPES: The events for which logs should be exported. If you want you can send only events with a specific type (for example, failed logins).
Once you have provided this information, click the Install button to finish installing the extension.
Retrieve the required information from Mixpanel
In order to acquire the MIXPANEL_TOKEN and MIXPANEL_KEY information, navigate to Mixpanel and click on your Account Settings. Click on the Projects tab. You now need to copy the Token and API Key information. These map respectively to the MIXPANEL_TOKEN and MIXPANEL_KEY variables.
Using Your Installed Extension
To view all scheduled jobs, navigate to the Extensions page of the Management Portal, click on the Installed Extensions link, and select the Auth0 Logs to Mixpanel line. There you can see the job you just created, modify its state by toggling the State switch, see when the next run is due and what was the result of the last execution.
You can view more details by clicking on the job you created. In this page you can view details for each execution, reschedule, access realtime logs, and more.