User Import / Export
The User Import / Export is an extension that allows you to import / export users from or to any database you have configured in your account. Please note that you need to be a Dashboard Admin in order to use this extension.
Configuring the Extension
To install this extension, click on
User Import / Export in the list of provided extensions on the Extensions page of the Management Portal. When authorizing the application, you will be asked to provide the following information about your Auth0 account:
- Users: create and read your users
- Connections: read your connections
- Profile: access to your profile
Once you have provided the appropriate values for the above fields, click on "Install" to proceed.
Using Your Installed Extension
There are two ways of using this extension, they are described below:
Import of users
- Select the Import option in the menu from the left.
- You may drop a valid JSON file (schema and examples here) in the square area or click there to browse your files and search for a valid JSON file. This JSON file should contain the list of users that you are planning to import.
- Select the database connection where these users will be imported. Please make sure that the connection is enabled for at least one client.
- Click on the
Start importing usersblue button.
Export of users
- Select the Export option in the menu from the left.
- You can query the users that you want to export by using the Lucene query syntax in the search bar. For example, to return all the users that have the
user_metadataattribute you can use:
- In the columns section you can decide which attributes should be included in the export. The user attribute can be a static value like
user.app_metadata.name || user.namewhich will then be evaluated during the export. The column name is how the value will be represented in the export. A good way of seeing an example of this is by clicking on the
Add default columnsblue button on the right.
- In the settings section you can configure the sorting options of the output by writing a
User Attributein the text field, and the sorting order (descending or ascending) by toggling the button on and off respectively. You can also choose between two output formats, either a
This extension is not supported in the Appliance.