The final day of Google I/O 18 consisted of a few talks including Node.js, Serverless deployment, Tensorflow, Android Security, etc.
Let's get started.
Deploying Serverless Node.js microservices
They announced that in a couple of weeks, Node.js will start running on Google AppEngine. Developers would be able to deploy a Node.js app easily to Google Cloud.
The Node.js app would simply have an app.yaml file that specifies the runtime. And then the developer can run
gcloud app deploy. That's it!
TensorFlow without a PhD
This talk gave techniques about deep reinforcement learning with TensorFlow. There was a demo of a pong game driven by Neural network. There was also a demo of an animation character that learned how to move and jump via machine learning exposed by TensorFlow.
Check out the demo below:
The tools for the demo include:
- TensorFlow for the models
- Google ML engine for the training
- Tensorboard Visualization Kit
TensorFlow without a PhD.— Prosper @ Google I/O 18 🔥🚀 (@unicodeveloper) May 10, 2018
Get the keys to the machine learning kingdom today 🔥 #io18
1. TensorFlow for the models
2. ML engine for the training
3. Tensorboard for the Visualization pic.twitter.com/m0Q9KU3bFA
- Add a robot.txt to the top level domain of your site which specifies the URLs to crawl and not to.
- Use good URLs such as
example.com/aboutrather than fragmented URLs such as
- Use consistent URLs for the same page.
- Add the critical metadata such as canonical links, viewport, title and description of each page, etc.
- Use href elements when linking between pages. Don't use non-semantic elements such as
<div onclick=goTo('/contact')></div>if you don't have to!
Watch all the talks from Day 1 at the Google Developers Youtube Channel.
Auth0 is the first identity management platform for application builders, and the only identity solution needed for custom-built applications. With a mission to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate, Auth0 provides the simplicity, extensibility, and expertise to scale and protect identities in any application, for any audience. Auth0 secures more than 100 million logins each day, giving enterprises the confidence to deliver trusted and elegant digital experiences to their customers around the world.
It's been an amazing three days of awesomeness. A lot of talks and announcements. A lot of new kits for developers to build amazing products with. I'm stoked for all the great things that will be rolled out in the coming months. The future is A.I!