The final day of Google I/O 18 consisted of a few talks including Node.js, Serverless deployment, Tensorflow, Android Security, etc.
Let's get started.
Deploying Serverless Node.js microservices
They announced that in a couple of weeks, Node.js will start running on Google AppEngine. Developers would be able to deploy a Node.js app easily to Google Cloud.
The Node.js app would simply have an app.yaml file that specifies the runtime. And then the developer can run
gcloud app deploy. That's it!
TensorFlow without a PhD
This talk gave techniques about deep reinforcement learning with TensorFlow. There was a demo of a pong game driven by Neural network. There was also a demo of an animation character that learned how to move and jump via machine learning exposed by TensorFlow.
Check out the demo below:
The tools for the demo include:
- TensorFlow for the models
- Google ML engine for the training
- Tensorboard Visualization Kit
TensorFlow without a PhD.— Prosper @ Google I/O 18 🔥🚀 (@unicodeveloper) May 10, 2018
Get the keys to the machine learning kingdom today 🔥 #io18
1. TensorFlow for the models
2. ML engine for the training
3. Tensorboard for the Visualization pic.twitter.com/m0Q9KU3bFA
- Add a robot.txt to the top level domain of your site which specifies the URLs to crawl and not to.
- Use good URLs such as
example.com/aboutrather than fragmented URLs such as
- Use consistent URLs for the same page.
- Add the critical metadata such as canonical links, viewport, title and description of each page, etc.
- Use href elements when linking between pages. Don't use non-semantic elements such as
<div onclick=goTo('/contact')></div>if you don't have to!
Watch all the talks from Day 1 at the Google Developers Youtube Channel.
Auth0 provides a platform to authenticate, authorize, and secure access for applications, devices, and users. Security and application teams rely on Auth0's simplicity, extensibility, and expertise to make identity work for everyone. Safeguarding billions of login transactions each month, Auth0 secures identities so innovators can innovate, and empowers global enterprises to deliver trusted, superior digital experiences to their customers around the world.
It's been an amazing three days of awesomeness. A lot of talks and announcements. A lot of new kits for developers to build amazing products with. I'm stoked for all the great things that will be rolled out in the coming months. The future is A.I!