Lock v11 for Web
Passwordless Authentication in Native Applications with Universal Login
PasswordlessUniversal Login is the only recommended way to set up Single Sign-on (SSO)passwordless authentication in your native application. We recommend using the Auth0 login page for the best experience, security and the fullest array of features.
If you implement passwordless with Universal Login, the user experience will be as follows:
- Users click login, and the Auth0 SDK redirects them to the login page on the web.
- Universal LoginLock Passwordless asks them for a phone number or email, whichever type you chose.
- The prompt changes to ask them for a code that they will receive by the designated method.
- Once they enter the code, the transaction will finish and the user will be redirected to your app along with their credentials.
In this article, we will see the steps involved in implementing this flow.
1. Set up your connection
To set up the passwordless connection, go to Dashboard > Connections > Passwordless and turn on either Email or SMS. Then, go to the Apps tab and enable the connection for the applications that will be using it.
2. Configure your login page
Next, configure your login page. Head over to the Hosted Pages section of your Dashboard. At the top of your the code editor, click the menu entitled Default Templates and pick Lock (Passwordless) from the list.
3. Configure your application
All that remains is to set up your application to call the login page. An easy to follow guide for this process already exists for both Swift and Android. Choose a quickstart below, and follow only the Login step. It will guide you on how to call the login page from your application.