We're excited to share with you our updated and revamped plan offerings for Auth0 by Okta, which powers Okta Customer Identity Cloud.
Effective November 1st, 2023 we launched changes to our plan offerings and pricing structure. Changes listed below:
- Our free plan now supports up to 7,500 MAUs vs the previous 7,000.
- More than 65,000 active tenants enjoy this plan today.
- Our always-free plan continues to offer social login, DB connection for securely storing identity information, branded login, extensibility and security capabilities (brute force and suspicious IP throttling), and support for 5 regions (US, UK, EU, JP, AUS).
- We also recently added passkeys support to the free plan.
- Our pricing structure has been updated to more predictably scale as you grow:
- B2C Essentials pricing now starts at $35/Mo for 500 Monthly Active Users (MAUs)
- B2B Essentials pricing now starts at $150/Mo for 500 MAUs
- You can now purchase 20,000 MAUs on B2C Essentials with your credit card.
- Auth0 Teams, a new feature that aggregates usage across all tenants for seamless oversight that includes updated tenant limits with the ability to consolidate tenants.
- The below capabilities that can be added to your plan through our “Let’s Chat” form. You will need to move to a new plan with a yearly spend of $10,000 or more to take advantage of these options but we plan to include these add-ons via our self service plans (with a lower minimum) in the first half of 2024:
- New multi-factor authentication (MFA) add-ons, expanding access to MFA capabilities that were previously only available to enterprise customers.
- Increased enterprise connection limits on the B2B Professional Plan.
- We have increased our maximum MAU tier limit on our self-service plans.
It’s important to note that we are not making changes to any existing plans as a result of this update. However, if you make changes to your subscription, the new plan and pricing structure will be applied.
Pricing & Payment Updates
We last updated our Essentials and Professional plan pricing in May of 2021. With the above changes the following pricing updates became effective on November 1st, 2023. Keep in mind, this only applies to new sign ups and any subscription changes.
- B2C Essentials pricing will now start at $35/Mo for 500 MAU, up from $23/mo for 1,000 MAU.
- B2B Essentials prices will now start at $150/Mo up from $130/Mo for 500 MAU
- B2C Professional prices will stay the same, starting at $240/Mo for 1,000 MAU
- B2B Professional will now only be available by invoice, via our sales team, rather than credit card.
The price adjustment on B2C Essentials creates increased transparency and price predictability as your MAUs scale on our platform, reducing the risk of customers who grow from B2C Essentials into higher plans being shocked by a price change. While the scaling rate of B2C Essentials is increasing, we’re committed to enabling customers to stay on their chosen plan for longer by making it possible to remain on a self-service plan when surpassing the previous MAU limit of 10,000.
With the above changes, we are committed and will continue to support customers that want to pay us monthly through their credit cards on plan tiers that previously supported this functionality. We will now also allow customers with a yearly spend over $10,000 to contact our sales team to purchase an annual contract paid via invoice.
Keep in mind, any new tenants created will be subject to the new pricing structure outlined above.
* Can only be purchased by contacting our Sales team directly or via the "Contact Sales" form. Please note you will need to move to a new plan with a yearly spend of $10,000 or more to take advantage of these options but we plan to include these add-ons via our self service plans (with a lower minimum) in the first half of 2024.
** Previously, each tenant was a separate subscription, so only one tenant of any type was allowed per plan.
Introducing Auth0 Teams:
We understand at times it’s difficult to manage resource access, keep track of and juggle multiple tenants. Auth0 Teams aggregates usage across all tenants for seamless oversight. The addition of this feature will enable the management of administrators and multiple tenants from a single, centralized location.
Increased tenant limits
Tenant limits are being increased as part of this update.
With the launch of Auth0 Teams, you can now link existing tenants together under one account. It’s important to note that:
- The owner of a team and/or the admin on the tenant are the only individuals that can group tenants.
- Tenants cannot be unlinked without the assistance of Auth0 Customer Support. If you linked a tenant and need to unlink it, please contact Support by submitting a ticket in the Auth0 Support Center.
Keep in mind, if you choose to stay on your current plan, you will be allowed a single tenant.
How is this different than current Auth0 offerings?
As a part of this pricing change, customers will have the opportunity to link multiple tenants to the same subscription. Usage will be aggregated across tenants and will be billed at the subscription level. This allows customers with development and staging tenants to have access to the same features within said tenants, without having to purchase additional subscriptions. Along with these changes, we’re also introducing official tenant limits that align with the positioning of our various offerings.
Steps on how to migrate to Auth0 Teams
Additional Feature Offerings:
Enterprise MFA Add-ons:
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) can block 99.9% of account hacking attacks. So, without being too obvious, implementing MFA within your Identity solution is pretty important. It’s imperative to prevent credential based attacks, and we want to make this easier for our customers to have access to this security feature. And so we’re introducing Enterprise MFA Lite.
Auth0 now allows you to use additional MFA capabilities that were previously only available to enterprise customers. Enterprise MFA Lite allows you to add any MFA factor to Professional Plans for an additional fee. This includes the support of SMS and push & voice notifications (SMS charges for MFA are charged separately by carriers supported by Auth0). Under Enterprise MFA Lite, subscriptions will be limited to one MFA factor on the subscription. However, this enhancement will give broader access to additional MFA protocols to support a wider range of use cases.
Enterprise Connection Limits:
Enterprise Connection limits are increasing from three connections to five connections on the B2B Professional Plan. This will allow for more of our SaaS customers to scale better. As a reminder, there is no limit on Okta Enterprise Connections for customers on all of our B2B plans.
Monthly Active Users (MAU) Tiers:
We are introducing Essential and Professional MAU tiers above the previous 7,000 and 10,000 MAU limits on B2B and B2C Plans, respectively. This change will allow you to better evaluate cost as you anticipate scaling on the Auth0 platform.
Again, if you would like to take advantage of these options, please contact our team by completing this form. Please note you will need to move to a new plan with a yearly spend of $10,000 or more to take advantage of these options but we plan to include these add-ons via our self service plans (with a lower minimum) in the first half of 2024.
- Will the free plan still be available after November 1st, 2023?
- Yes, the free plan will continue to be available.
- What’s the benefit of grouping tenants?
- All of your tenants can be managed in one place.
- Entitlements, usage, etc. will be viewed together.
- Increased security.
- What is an Auth0 Team?
- Provides a single point of visibility and control over your Auth0 resources by providing centralized governance, compliance, and secure collaboration at scale. More information about Auth0 Teams can be found here.
- What if my tenants are already grouped?
- Nothing changes unless you make changes to your subscription.
- If you make changes to your current plan, you will need to regroup your tenants since the plan structure differs.
- What if I have multiple plans?
- Tenants will need to be grouped via Auth0 Teams.
- What if my company is a development agency (dev shop)?
- Contact Support to request an exemption.
- Can I stay on my current plan?
- Yes, assuming you are using one tenant and are within your usage limits you can stay on your current plan.
- We will provide you with at least 90-days notice if we decide to move existing customers that are within their usage limits to the new plan structure.
- Where can I find the new Terms of Service?
- Our updated Terms of Service can be found here.
- I’m on an enterprise plan and I have a self service tenant(s) as well. Do I have to move those to my enterprise plan?
- Yes, and it will be more beneficial for you to manage all tenants under a single account that has enterprise capabilities.
- Can I pay by invoice now rather than credit card?
- Yes, for plans above $10,000/year you can sign a contract and pay by invoice rather than by credit card. To take advantage of this, please contact us.
- What happens if I have more than 7 admins?
- New plans released on November 1st will only get up to 7 admins.
- Can I get more than 10K MAUs on a self service plan?
- Yes, we now include MAU tiers beyond 10K MAU
Which MFA factors can be used with the Enterprise MFA add-on on professional plans?
- ✅ Included
- SMS Notifications
- Push Notifications
- Voice Notifications
- ❌ Not Included
- WebAuthn with security keys
- WebAuthn with device biometrics
- Email Notifications