Our teams have been heads down and focused on delivering capabilities that empower our customers to continue to provide seamless customer experiences and power their SaaS ambitions. As we are now halfway through the calendar year, I wanted to reflect on the capabilities we have delivered and give you a glimpse of what's to come next.
Unveiling New and Improved Product Features
We strive for innovation and resiliency in our work since we know it translates into direct value for our customers. Over the past six months, our teams have worked across domains to deliver capabilities meticulously designed with security, scalability, and resiliency in mind.
We continue to double down on improving our customers' ability to build great user experiences within consumer apps. The team has persistently strived to provide a flexible way to build identity flows. In the past few months, we've launched a few enhancements to support this goal further.
- Passwordless support on New Universal Login allows users to provide an email address or phone number and receive a one-time password (OTP) to complete authentication.
- Additional email provider support (Azure Communication Service & Microsoft Modern Auth) enables customers to use Outlook on Microsoft 365 or the recently released Azure Communication Services as preferred authentication methods.
With a keen eye for enhancing user experiences and elevating customer satisfaction, we continue to make strides that redefine and advance SaaS excellence. To that end, the teams have released several new features:
- PKCE and attribute mapping are available on OIDC and Okta Workforce Connections, allowing customers to build more secure connections between Auth0 and your connected identity provider. With attribute mapping, you can sync more attributes from your IDP into your Auth0 tenant.
- Improved Login Flow for SaaS Users includes options for tying identifier first Home Realm Discovery to Connections with IdP domains associated with Organizations and a New Universal Login Prompt that displays when configured for end users with multiple organization memberships.
- Organization Name support for launching Login flows, making Organizations easier to use by enabling the Organization Name to launch login flows via the Authentication API.
Making Security Easy
At the core of everything we do is the desire to make security seamless and straightforward. Safeguarding data should be uncomplicated yet foolproof. Our latest releases offer protection and make it intuitive, empowering our customers and their users to navigate the digital world without compromise.
- Security Center is now available on Converged Platform, a new security feature that provides real-time monitoring of potential security events.
- Bot Detection Slider for Bot Detection provides the ability to adjust the level of friction of the "When Risky" setting on our Bot Detection model.
- Bot Detection is Now Integrated with Friendly Captcha and hCaptcha, supporting additional Captcha Providers and their capabilities.
- Teams: Security Policies - SSO Enforcement Early Access, providing the option to mandate login to Teams and Manage Dashboard through the organization's enterprise IdP.
Our Developer Experience teams built the following enhancements with intention, care, and a complete developer experience in mind. With streamlined workflows and a suite of tools, developers quickly translate their application experience vision into reality.
- Node 18 is now available for Actions, Rules, and Hooks. You can start using Node 18 in your tenants' settings and/or when creating new Actions in the Auth0 Manage Dashboard.
- Auth0 Terraform Provider V1 - BETA, with the v1 release, managing your Auth0 resources using Terraform has never been easier.
- Auth0 Management API launched, which includes numerous new features and enhancements for the UI experience.
- Teams: Security Policies - SSO Enforcement, allowing you to mandate login to Teams and Manage Dashboard through the organization's enterprise IdP.
We obsess over giving customers the complete capabilities to deliver a delightful customer experience. Every interaction and every touchpoint is an opportunity to elevate the customer journey. Our latest achievements stand as a testament to our dedication to not only meeting but exceeding the expectations that define customer delight.
- Guardian App Localization: The Guardian app is available as an authenticator to deliver push notifications to a user's pre-registered device (mobile phone or tablet) and supports English - US (en-us), French - Canada (fr-ca), French - France (fr), Portuguese - Brazil (pt-br), and Spanish - Argentina (es-ar).
- Universal Login: New Language Support: Six new languages are now available as supported translations for Universal Login: Basque: eu-ES; Catalan: ca-ES; Galician: gl-ES; Norwegian: no; Norwegian Nynorsk: nn; and Welsh: cy.
- Custom Domains in Guardian SDKs, building your users' confidence that they are providing their credentials to the proper party. Custom Domains allow authentication to happen within the context of your brand.
The Auth0 Changelog has the full details and documentation on these updates and serves as the real-time release center.
Looking Forward to the Next Half
We've made good progress on delivering our roadmap and have steadily released capabilities that help our customers deliver seamless and secure experiences for their customers.
A big thank you to all of our teams, and looking forward to penning another post full of releases in the next six months.
Oktane is just around the corner, where we'll pull back the curtain on what's still to come! Registration is now open, and we hope to see you there.