Delete or Reset Tenants
If you want to start over completely and remove an unwanted tenant, we recommend deleting it. When you choose this option, you cannot use the deleted tenant's name again because tenant names must be unique. This option is useful if you have created a test or demo tenant and you won't ever be using the tenant name again.
If you want to be able to keep the tenant name, we recommend using the Reset Tenant Extension to remove any unwanted items and return your tenant to its initial state. This way you do not have to create a new tenant name.
This process deletes only one tenant. If you have other tenants that need to be removed, you will need to repeat these steps for each tenant.
If you are an Enterprise customer, you may have multiple child tenants as part of your Auth0 contract. Rest assured that if you choose to delete such a tenant, this will have no impact on your agreement with Auth0. We recommend speaking with your Technical Account Manager if you have any concerns about your Enterprise agreement.
Paid subscription customers
If you have a paid subscription with one or more child tenants, deleting the child tenant should have no impact on your subscription plan. This is because activity and usage on child tenants counts toward the master's tenant activity and usage limitations.
- Log in to the Dashboard.
- Click on your username in the top right corner to display the dropdown box.
- Select Settings to open the Tenant Settings page.
- On the Tenant Settings page, select the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to the Danger Zone at the bottom of the page, and click Delete.
Use the Reset Tenant Extension to make changes to your Auth0 tenant. You can create a "clean" environment for development or test purposes and remove unwanted items.
- If you've deleted your tenant, and you require the use of a particular domain name, we recommend configuring a custom domain name for your new tenant.
- Cancel Your Auth0 Subscription to downgrade to a free account.
- Change or Upgrade Your Auth0 Subscription
- Update a Tenant Admin to change ownership of the tenant.
- Export Data Out of Auth0
- Reset Your Auth0 Account Password